20 May 2012

tangled...

-I've been looking out of a window for eighteen years, dreaming about what I might feel like when those lights rise in the sky. What if it's not everything I dreamed it would be?
-It will be.
-And what if it is? What do I do then?
-Well,that's the good part I guess. You get to go find a new dream. 


I woke up this morning to my last morning in Hannabad, Sweden and I started to think about this quote from Tangled. As I wandered down the dirt road to Morfars stuga, and as I sat on his front porch listening to melodic birds and enjoying the sun on my face I suddenly realized I have dreamt of this moment for my entire life. Coming to Sweden and standing in places where my family members have stood for a hundred years has always been this elevated dream of mine, this goal placed up on a pedestal. Traveling to Sweden would be the ultimate trip, the once-in-a-lifetime experience for me.

And now here I am. And it is perfect.

And as I began to think, that because of this amazing adventure that I am able to experience, I was almost sad to consider what could possibly arise to fill the space where that nearly unattainable life goal had been. I don´t regret coming to Sweden. I will never regret that I am here. But what will I do when I come back to America? I wasn´t sure, but as I sat on his porch, I was again reminded of Tangled. I get to hold on to this trip, these people, and the memories that I will have for a lifetime. But more than that...I get to also go find a new dream. Life sometimes gives us beautiful moments, moments that could not be made any better. Living one dream and considering what new dreams I will get to create--all while sitting on the porch of morfars stuga--is one of a thousand beautiful moments I am soaking up here, along with the sunshine, in Sweden.