16 June 2012

beginning of the end, as they say...

Sitting in the Gothenburg Airport, I am waiting for my flight to board and the beginning of my Swedish adventures to end. The past five weeks have been unforgettable.

Thank you for opening your homes, sharing your food and your families. Thank you for picking me up, driving me around, dropping me off at train, and plane, and subway stations. Thank you for all of the delicious cups of coffee and fabulous meals. Thank you for telling me stories and showing me pictures of my family from years past. Thank you, above all, for the love and time your gave me as I sought to visit a country I have always dreamt about visiting, meet a family I have always eagerly hoped to meet, will now forever leave a piece of my heart in another part of the world.

To everyone I have met, for an hour or a week, it has been an honor and a pleasure.