14 June 2012

fourth cousins...

well, yesterday was fun. I was able to meet my cousin Allan and his wife Berit for the first time. We enjoyed a wonderfully delicious lunch, one that reminded me of thanksgiving. Then I promptly had a bit of a breakdown. Fatigue + being an introvert who has met around 10 new people a week for the past five weeks = overload.

I'm sorry Allan and Berit! I am so glad to have met you both and you were so kind to open up your home to me yesterday. Lunch was absolutely delicious. And you probably thought you had welcomed a crazy person into your home.

Afterwards I was also able to meet my second-cousin-twice-removed Ingegard, her husband Inge, and two of my fourth-cousins, their granddaughter and grandson. Ingegard has a gift for beautiful gardens. Seriously, her backyard was literally bursting with color. Plus, I'm pretty excited to have met some fourth cousins! How often have you gotten together with your fourth cousins? Do you even know who they are? I didn't until yesterday. Visiting with them, and especially looking at photos of when Lennart and Carol and then my mother, Linnea, and Uncle Andrew traveled to their home in Halmstad, was well-worth the trip. I think the old photos of my grandparents and my mom have been one of the many highlights of this trip!

Today we drive back to Gothenburg. And, sooner than I could have imagined, I leave Sweden on saturday.