11 June 2012

my grandfather's cousin's step-daughter's daughter...

Today I had coffee with my step-third-cousin. I'm getting really good at figuring out titles for distant relatives. Danielle, my grandfather's cousin's step-daughter's daughter, was born in and grew up in Naperville, Il until she was around 10 when her family moved back to Gothenburg, Sweden. Last year she spent her first year of NYU at their campus in Paris. Knowing Chicago, studying in Paris, being both Swedish and American, needless to say, I enjoyed talking with her. I also enjoyed that we had the same taste is stores for shopping (H&M) and I appreciate that it seems just as normal for her as me to have 5 cups of coffee before 1 o'clock in the afternoon on any given day. So, you might say we're not technically related. Psh...I say we most definitely are.